Design, fabrication, assembly and installation of a silo for pulverized coal filling, storing and securing
A principal condition for the commencement of works was performance of tests, elaboration of fire-technical characteristics of the stored coal and processing of a project for the silo safeguarding and explosion protection.
Montáže Přerov prepared the project within the full scope from the technological project through the static calculation, the construction and manufacture documentation processing and the coordination of deliveries of purchased safety equipment including its installation on the silo. The manufacture was carried out in Montáže Přerov a.s. workshops and the silo was transported to the Štramberk construction site in two pieces, fitted on the preassembled supporting structure and welded in this position; non-destructive testing of the weld were performed on-site.
The silo was equipped with:
- On the cover, a walk platform connected non-conductively with the kiln object
- Two access ladders allowing simultaneous control and operation of sensors and HRD system
- Pillar rotary crane for exchanging HRD bottles
- Impact cartridge filter in an anti-explosive design
- A set of sensors monitoring the material height inside the silo, pressure, temperature and CO2 content
- A safety system against a pressure increase (a quick reacting set of bottles with an extinguishing agent, fitted with nozzles)
- Tensometric weighing of the silo and its content
- A silo cone fluidizing and heating systems
- Inertization of the silo content by nitrogen through fluidizing nozzles, including inert gas overpressure monitoring
- A station for coal unloading from road tank cars and conveyance to the silo including conveying air cooling
In the bottom part the silo was equipped with insulation against water condensation and the silo supporting structure was jacketed and equipped with maintenance gate.
The silo safety system works automatically, without a need for an operator´s intervention.
The silo and the below positioned equipment for pulverized coal unloading, weighing and dosing into burners was connected to media sources, such as control compressed air, fluidizing air and inert gas.
The silo has been designed for a storage capacity of 350 m3 of pulverized coal.
9. května 3303/119
750 02 Přerov
+420 581 267 111
+420 606 958 091